Contrails - About Us
Mark McWhirter - Calgary
- Mark holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary.
- He currently works in a business development role for a Western Canada based airline.
- His freelance writing has appeared in Wings, Helicopters and Airliners magazines as a featured writer and corespondent.
- Mark's photography clients include Eurocopter Canada, Mountain View Helicopters, TRK Helicopters, Alpine Helicopters, RCMP, Calgary Police Service and countless industry publications.
- Photo equipment: Nikon D200 and Nikon D100 with Nikkor 70-200mm AF-S VR, Nikkor 24-85mm AFS lens, and Nikon TC-2EII Teleconverter.
Matt Lee - Winnipeg
- Matt holds a bachelors degree from the Univ of North Dakota
- He has gained an interest in spotting and photography since the late 1990s
- Matt has worked for regional and international airlines in the United States and Canada since 1999
- Photo equipment: Canon 7D with Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM and Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens
Chris Sands - Calgary
- Chris grew up in the airline industry…Dad a commercial pilot…Mom a flight attendant.
Started flying at age 13. Obtained private pilot’s license at age 18.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree with distinction in Geography.
- Currently works as an airline/corporate flight dispatcher.
- Has been published in Airliner World, Airliners, the Calgary Herald and various airline in-flight publications.
- Has a photo hanging in the Smithsonian Institute’s National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.
- Photo equipment: Nikon D70 with Nikon 80-400mm VR and 18-70mm AFS lens.
Alex Denicourt - Montreal
- Alex interest in aviation began when traveling with his family when he was younger.
- His interest in photography only began four years ago when he began spotting at Dorval with his brother.
- He is currently holding a DEC (CEGEP’s diploma) in Natural Sciences, and will be starting a 3 years Bachelor degree in Tourism Management in 2006.
- He has been published in Airliner World as well as in various aviation related businesses.
- Photo equipment: Canon 20D, Canon 10-22mm EF-S, Tamron AF 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di Zoom, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM.
Youri Thonon - Montreal
- Youri has had an interest in aviation since the age of 5, and started taking photos in 2001.
- He is considering a career as an Air Traffic Controller or as an Airline Pilot.
- His photos have been published in Airway Magazine as well as various airline ads.
- He was a member of the Air Cadets for a year but decided to focus more on commercial aviation.
- Photo equipment: Canon Digital Rebel with EF-S 18-55mm and EF 75-300mm USM III, and an old Nikon EM with a Nikon 50mm and a Vivitar 70-210mm lens for slides.
Ivan Kresanek - Edmonton
- Ivan works in the energy industry which allows him to travel.
- He has always had an interest in airplanes and enjoyed photographing them.
- Photo equipment: Canon 350D with 18-55mm, 75-300mm USM III, Canon 100-400L IS.
Photos are copyrighted by Contrails © 1990-2012.